Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Neighbors down the street have small children. One little girl is crying, "I don't want to stay, we stayed last time and it made me afraid!" Evidently, they are going to ride the storm out as well. I never thought what affect or fears or anxieties a storm may have on a child. I always looked at children as resilient and could weather anything and bounce back. It's been at least 2 years since Hurricane Dolly hit South Texas. Evidently, that isn't long enough for this child to overcome her fears. Praying she has a safe and peaceful journey through this storm.

The intermittant rain is coming down - really coming down with some pretty good gusts of wind with it. The storm still miles out in the Gulf, has sped up some, I read. I believe that is a good thing, it won't have the time in the Gulf to really build up wind and it will come ashore faster. Whever it lands... I pray for everyone's safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment